2013 Holiday Cooking Timeline
Use this sample schedule for easy preparation of your Dream Dinners Holiday Roasted Turkey and sides. Happy Thanksgiving!
- 3 -5 days before: Thaw all of your holiday items in the refrigerator.
- Approximately 3 ½ hours before: Bake your Holiday Roasted Turkey. Remove holiday sides from fridge and bring to room temperature.
- 2 ½ hours before: Bake your Holiday Green Bean Casserole 40-45 min., then add French onion topping and bake an additional 10-15 min with turkey in oven. ** hold
- 1 ½ hours before: Bake Holiday Sweet Potatoes with Maple Brown Sugar 30-35 min., then add marshmallows and bake an additional 8-10 min. with turkey in oven. **hold
- 1 hour before: Remove foil from turkey & continue baking for 30 more minutes. Turn oven up to 375°.
- 45 minutes before: Bake your Holiday Homestyle Stuffing 30-40 min. with turkey in oven.
- 30 minutes before: Remove your turkey from oven and let rest covered with foil. Bake your Homestyle Biscuits in the oven 20-25 min. with Holiday Homestyle Stuffing.
- 30 minutes before: Heat your Mashed Potatoes on the stove top.
- 15-20 minutes before: Heat your gravy on the stove top.
- 10 minutes before: Slice your turkey.
- 5 minutes before: Place cranberry relish along with your turkey and sides on serving dishes.
** To hold, use a large cooler to keep cooked items hot for up to 2 hours. Keep hot foods at a minimum temperature of 140° degrees.