#30DaysofDinner Meal Plan: Week One
We all know the month of September can be hectic. Kids are heading back to school. Fall sports and after-school activities are starting up. While getting into the routine of it all after the slow months of summer, it’s easy to feel like each member of the family is going in a different direction.
The 30 Day Dinner Challenge gives you the opportunity to focus on spending time as a family around the dinner table during this busy season.
To help you through the #30DaysofDinner, we’ll be sharing a new meal plan here each week so you never run out of ideas. Make sure to follow our #30DaysofDinner board on Pinterest to get even more recipes for easy dinners, delicious sides, and even a special dessert or two!
Take advantage of a day off from work and school by fixing Texas Roadhouse Burgers with Seasoned Steak Fries from August’s menu. Serve with a fresh side salad for a meal fit for a celebration!
Try something new by fixing the Chicken in Herbed Mustard Sauce Recipe from the Dream Dinners cookbook.
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp dried rosemary
- 2 tbsp whole black peppercorns
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 6 4-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- In a large bowl, combine the lemon juice, wine, mustard, garlic, rosemary, peppercorns, fennel seeds and red pepper flakes and stir. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine chicken broth, olive oil and cornstarch and mix until incorporated.
- Combine the wine mixture and the cornstarch mixture in a resealable freezer bag. Add chicken and marinade over night.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and marinade. Bring the marinade to a boil and cook the chicken for 5 minutes per side, allowing the sauce to thicken.
- Serve over egg noodles or with roasted-garlic mashed potatoes.
For an easy week-night dinner the whole family will love, serve Pub Style Chicken with Mashed Potatoes from August’s menu and a green salad with Ranch dressing.
It’s taco night! Fix the Carne Asada Steak Tacos from August’s menu. Don’t forget to set out lots of toppings, such as avocado slices, sour cream, and cheddar cheese, so everyone can customize their own meal. Serve Mexican Inspired Corn on the Cob as a side.
- 6 ears of corn
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 cup grated cotija cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 limes, juiced
- Cook corn as desired.
- When done, rub each ear of corn with 1 tbsp of butter.
- Sprinkle with chili powder, cotija cheese, cilantro, and lime juice.
- Serve immediately.
Try these Baked Honey-Lime Taquitos from Lovely Little Kitchen for a meal both parents and kids will love. These can be easily transported to wherever your family needs to be on a busy Friday night.
Chateau Chicken with Almond Butter Sauce can go from fridge to table in just 20 minutes, which is perfect if you have plans on Saturday. However, this Fan Favorite dinner’s savory flavor will make the whole family want to linger around the table. Serve with our Finishing Touch Garlic Asparagus Spears and some crunchy bread to soak up the extra almond butter sauce.
Utilize your slow cooker this Sunday so you can spend extra time with your family before the week starts without worrying about fixing dinner. Try our Keilbasa Bean Soup from the Dream Dinners cookbook and you’ll discover a new go-to Crock Pot recipe.