5 New Thanksgiving Traditions
Every family has their own unique traditions – some are fun, some wacky, and some serious, but each makes the holiday a little more special. If you are looking to change things up or add a new tradition to your celebration, try out one of these activities. You may just discover your new favorite part of Thanksgiving!
- This Turkey Trot game is the perfect football-themed activity for a get-together with lots of little ones.
- Pull out old home videos or look through scrapbooks together and have fun reminiscing and sharing stories.
- Making a Thankful Tree like this one is a great way to display what your family is thankful for this year and also makes a stunning table centerpiece or decoration for your home. Just track down a few tree branches in your backyard, arrange them in a vase or jar, and adorn the branches with notes written by each member of your family.
- For a simple way to record your family gatherings each year use a blank journal and have each person write down the things they are thankful for. Include a group snapshot and you’ll have a family keepsake that is easy to keep up with and will be fun to look back on in the years to come.
- Try this turkey-themed version of the card game spoons for some after-dinner fun.
What is your favorite Thanksgiving tradition?