August is National Peach Month
It’s August, which means it’s not only mid-peach-season, but it’s also National Peach Month – time to head to the local farmers’ market or grocery store to pick out the perfect juicy peaches! Since peaches only develop flavor and sweetness on the tree, make sure to pick ones that yield slightly to pressure. Then, use your ripe peaches to make our Fresh Peach Sorbet!
- 1 pound peaches, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup simple syrup*
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, finely chopped
- *You can buy simple syrup at your local grocery store or make it yourself by combining 1 cup water and 2 cups sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil while stirring. Reduce the heat and continue to stir until the sugar dissolves. Cool to room temperature.
- Combine the peaches, syrup, lime juice, and mint in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Mix on medium speed until the ingredients are thoroughly incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into a 6-8 cup plastic container. Seal tightly.
- The sorbet can be placed in the freezer in the plastic container.
- Serve frozen.
- Alternatively, pour the contents into an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s instructions. Freeze for up to 3 months.