Cater Your Own Christmas Dinner Party
Dream Dinners makes it easy for you to host and cater fantastic parties, for any occasion. Use this guide for step-by-step instructions on how to self-cater your next party with Dream Dinners.
Checklist for Planning your Party:
- Determine how many people you will be serving
- Choose the date and place of your event
- Choose your menu.
- For ideas and menu choices, visit dreamdinners.com.
Party Planning Time line:
- 4 – 6 weeks prior to your party – Visit dreamdinners.com and make a reservation to assemble your party menu selections at a Dream Dinners location near you.
- 2 weeks prior – Purchase paper goods and beverages (see quantity tips below)
- Less than 1 week prior – Purchase groceries for salads, butter for breads and fresh cut flowers.
Paper Product calculations are assessed on a per person basis.
Example: 25 guests, 50 dinner plates.
- 2 dinner plates per person
- 1 dessert plate per person
- 3 forks per person
- 1 knife per person
- 3 beverage napkins per person
- 2 dinner napkins per person
- 3 beverage cups per person
- 1 hot cup per person
Beverage calculations need to be assessed by evaluating who is attending your event, but as a standard rule, this can help.
For 25 guests:
- 4 liters white wine
- 6 liters red wine
- 1 full case beer (24)
- 4 liters of champagne
- 2 2 liter bottles of soda
Company Christmas Party – 75 guests
- Asian Beef Kabobs (save the rice that comes with it for another dinner) – 12 orders
- Coconut Shrimp with Sweet & Sour Sauce & Jasmine Rice – 12 orders
- Chicken Mirabella – 12 orders
- Prime Rib with Cream Horseradish Sauce – 6 orders
( 3 full Roasts – call your local Dream Dinners to order whole roasts)
- Chef Touched Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes – 12 orders
- Holiday Rice Salad – double recipe
- Tossed Green Salad – double recipe
- Garlic Bread – 7 loaves
Your approximate cost $24.75 per person, compared to $74.00 per person with a professional caterer.
Follow this Sample Time line for an Easy Party
- 4 days before: Thaw all Dream Dinners in your refrigerator
- 1 day before: Make Holiday Rice Salad
- 2½ hrs before: Bake Garlic Mashed Potatoes – hold*
- 2 hrs before: Cook Jasmine Rice – hold*
- 1½ hrs before: Bake Prime Rib, thinly slice
- 1 hr before: Bake Chicken Mirabella
- 1 hr before: Bake Garlic Bread, slice – hold*
- 30 min before: Bake Coconut Shrimp (can be served as an appetizer)
- 20 min before: Toss Green Salad with dressing
- 10 min before: Broil or Grill Asian Beef Kabobs (one piece of meat on each skewer with 1 piece of onion, can be served as an appetizer)
- * To hold, use a large cooler to keep cooked dinners hot for up to 2 hours and at a minimum temp. 140 degrees. Keep cold foods at a maximum temp. of 40 degrees.
With a little help from Dream Dinners and a few family members or close friends you can host a fantastic holiday party!