Create Your Own Hot Cocoa Bar
Inject a little extra holiday fun into your day by creating a simple DIY hot chocolate bar. This is perfect for kids (or adults) at a holiday party or even just to make your kids’ days a little sweeter while they’re home from school. We set up ours in the TV room so we could enjoy a cup of hot cocoa while watching our favorite Christmas movie.
Here are a few tips for pulling together your own hot cocoa bar:
- Pick up a Holiday Cocoa Trio from your local Dream Dinners store or make our Zebra Cocoa mix from the recipe below for an easy way to add variety.
- Gather a few topping like marshmallows and crushed peppermint. I added candy canes and peanut butter M&M’s to be stirred in or eaten by themselves.
- Use simple jars to corral your toppings. Set out mugs and spoons for each person.
- Include a few holiday decorations to add to the festive feel. These bottle brush trees are cheap and look cute clustered on the table.
- Heat water in a tea kettle and add to the bar with a hot pad or use a slow cooker to keep hot water easily accessible away from the kitchen.
Zebra Cocoa Mix
To make one serving of our Zebra Cocoa Mix, combine the following ingredients in a mixing bowl and blend with a whisk:
1/3 cup dry nonfat milk
2 tbsp cocoa powder
3 tbsp white chocolate
Dash of kosher salt
Add the mix to 8 oz of hot water and stir until dissolved.