Friday Night is Pizza Night
Family Pizza Fun Night! Deep dish Chicago; thin crust New York; stone baked; meat lovers, vegetarian, cheese only – Pizza tailor made by you, for you. Making Dream Dinners pizza at home may seem daunting, but it’s actually just simple fun the whole family can participate in.
The following are a few tips for making this the most of your Dream Dinners Family Pizza Night:
Step 1. Make sure to thaw the dough in the refrigerator. About an hour before you are ready to make your pizza, put the dough on a counter with indirect light. As the dough gets warmer, it will rise (about double in size) in about an hour.
Step 2. Make a mess with the kids
- Sprinkle 2 Tbsp. flour on a clean counter top and lightly dust the dough ball with flour to prevent sticking.
- Using hands punch the dough ball into a flat round disc.
- Rollout the dough to be about 12” across. Dust with more flour as needed to keep from sticking.
- Don’t have a rolling-pin? That’s okay wash a soda can or other tube like bottle or container and use as a rolling-pin.
- Want to be daring and look like you know what you are doing? Toss the pizza dough in the air while spinning, this will help to spread out the dough while getting an even circumference.
Step 3. Assemble
- Place dough round on a flat, non-stick, baking pan.
- Yeah, it might be messier but have the kids assemble their own pizza.
- For the sauce, pour some in the center and using a large spoon spread it out using a circular pattern.
- Cheese on the bottom covered by toppings, toppings on the bottom covered by cheese? It doesn’t matter, it all tastes good. For younger kids, have them count the pepperoni or tell you all the shapes. Assemble in any order you desire.
Step 4. Baking
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees
- Cook for 10 to 15 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
- Really want to be daring? Heat up the grill and cook the pizza. When doing so have the burners directly under the pizza turned off so you don’t scorch the crust.