Get your Family Prepared for Back to School!
Heading back to school involves more than just buying new pencils and shoes. This August, get your whole family prepared for the demands of the new school year.
– Reading throughout the summer keeps children’s minds sharp even when they’re not in school. Make a weekly trip to the library to get your kids excited about reading. Check out this article from Parenting for the best books to read with your kids.
– Get into a school routine at least two weeks before the first day back. Follow these tips for readjusting your child’s sleep schedule before school begins. Help your kids establish a homework routine during the summer by setting aside time each afternoon for reading, working on an activity book, or any other brain-sharpening activity.
– Organize your family calendar so the whole family knows what to expect when the school year starts (afterschool activities, bus schedules, family plans, etc.).
– Create a positive attitude about the new school year by talking to your kids about meeting their new teacher, seeing all their friends, their favorite subject and new afterschool activities.
– Help your kids set personal goals for the new school year, from turning all their homework in on time to speaking up more in class.
– Clear out last year’s clutter from your child’s desk and backpack. Sanitize your child’s lunchbox.
– Stock up on your favorite Dream Dinners to make family meals easier as everyone’s schedules get busier.