Lemon Rice Pilaf Side Dish Recipe
Lemon Rice Pilaf
This dish compliments our Salmon and Crab Pinwheels, Caribbean Pork Roast with Honey Mustard Sauce or our Dijon Honey Lime Grilled Salmon.
Write a review
- 5 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ onions, chopped
- 3 Cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 5 Cups chicken broth
- ½ Cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 ½ Tbsp lemon zest
- ½ Tsp kosher salt
- ¾ Tsp black pepper
- Heat Olive Oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onions and saute until tender and fragrant. (about 5 minutes)
- Add rice and saute 2 minutes more.
- Raise heat to high and add chicken broth, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook about 20 minutes, until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat, let stand for 5 minutes, fluff with fork and serve.
- Source: Dream Dinners Cookbook Pg, 86.
Dream Dinners http://blog.dreamdinners.com/