This month, have a family pizza and game night to celebrate National Pizza Month. The Dream Dinners pizza kit comes with everything you need to easily assemble customized pizzas. Divide up the dough and let each person top their pizza however they please. Find some tips for baking your pizzas here.
As far as the games go, Susie Osborn, owner of the Clackamas, OR store, and her family love playing games together and they’ve ranked their top ten favorites for your family to try.
1) Settlers of Catan: This game was unanimously ranked as the whole family’s favorite game to play. They’ve been playing it for 13 years and it never gets old because it’s a different game every time and there are many modifications to mix it up.
2) Ticket to Ride: Europe: This is a great all-around game for a wide variety of ages. The Osborns play it with everyone from grandparents to the youngest cousins. It’s a quick and easy game to learn and can also be educational for young kids as they follow routes across a map of Europe, learning geography, counting, and strategy along the way. Continue reading
Adults aren’t the only ones staying connected, informed and involved online. Kids are relying on the Internet more and more to connect with friends, classmates and teammates. While the web can be a helpful tool for communicating, accessing information, and even developing a sense of self and independence, there are downsides to the environment of online sharing that kids are growing up in.
Since October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month, we have some tips to help you keep your children safe online. Continue reading
Halloween is the perfect holiday to have your kids’ help decorate the house. We found the best DIY projects that will allow kids of all ages to participate. They’ll have a ton of fun making these creepy decorations and you’ll save money with these super simple ideas.
Whether your fall football plans involve watching the big game with family and friends at home or having your son’s teammates over for a team party, we have a number of recipes this month that will help make your planning easier.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Stuffed French Bread is the perfect party food to please a variety of people. Just slice it into thin pieces and use toothpicks to hold each section together. Continue reading
Not only is pasta the perfect comfort food on a cozy fall day, it’s also the foundation for an easy family dinner. Both of our pasta dishes from this month’s menu can be taken straight from the freezer to cook in the oven for an effortless dinner the whole family will enjoy.
Layered Ravioli Bake is a kid favorite. Cheese ravioli layered with seasoned marinara, mozzarella cheese, Italian sausage, and fresh mushrooms make up this one-pan dinner.
Creamy Chicken Florentine Tortellini is a complete dinner all on its own with 31 grams of protein and a full serving of vegetables. Dinner doesn’t get any easier than that!
What is your favorite pasta dinner?
When you’re busy shuffling kids to school, practice, music lessons, or a friend’s house, it can be hard to find time to do something special for your family. However, the time you spend at the dinner table is the perfect opportunity to create lasting memories.
In this video, co-founder Stephanie Allen shows us how to create a fun family takeout night right in your own kitchen with a sweet, simple addition to the dinner table. You’ll have plenty of time to create these cute takeout boxes of chocolate dipped fortune cookies while your Chopstick Chicken with Peanut Sauce is simmering on the stove. Continue reading
Our build your own pizza kits are always a big hit. But did you know that you could make a deep dish pizza or calzones using our Family Pizza Night dinner? Here are instructions for two more ways to get creative at dinnertime and have family fun in the kitchen doing it together!
Try a Regular Deep Dish Pizza
A 6-Serving makes 2 Pizzas (2 dough rounds each).
A 3-Serving makes 1 Pizza (2 dough rounds).
Thaw in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- Place thawed dough on floured cutting board
- Merge 2 dough rounds together and roll dough to cover with flour, let rest 10-15 minutes.
- Flatten dough and roll with rolling pin or large soda bottle to form about an 8×8 inch square.
- Place dough in an 8×8 sprayed, Stoneware baking dish*, gently line the inside of the dish with your pizza dough.
- Spread bottom and sides with pizza sauce. Continue reading
Did you know that the average American eats 137.9 pounds of potatoes each year? Or that potato products are the second most consumed food in the U.S. after milk products? It’s hard not to love potatoes and September’s menu gives you many options to enjoy during “National Potato Month.”
Try our Old Fashioned Meatloaf with Twice Baked Potatoes, Cattleman’s Pie, Fully Loaded Chicken and Potato Soup or Pecan Crusted Pork Chops with Garlic Mashed Potatoes for creamy goodness that’s perfect for fall.
Wanting your potatoes golden and crispy? Pick up some fries from the Finishing Touch freezer to pair with our family-favorite Crispy French Onion Chicken or our mouth-watering Steak with Garlic and Herb Butter.
Enjoy the last few weeks of warm weather by getting your kids off the couch and movin’. Try one of these fun activities to help your kids stay active and learn some new things together as a family.
- Play a family game outside. Baseball, basketball, flag football, capture the flag – the choice is up to you!
- Go to a local farmer’s market or U-Pick farm for fresh fruit, produce, or berries.
- Bake a dessert together with the seasonal fruit or berries you bought!
- Fill up water balloons and dig out water guns for a fun family fight.
- Visit the zoo or children’s museum. Continue reading
In honor of National Rice Month, we’re sharing this authentic Cajun Dirty Rice recipe, which comes from a cook in New Orleans. This would be the perfect dish to serve alongside our Carne Asada Steak Tacos.
Cajun Dirty Rice, serves 6
½ cups uncooked long grain white rice
4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
½ pound sausages, cooked and crumbled
½ cup yellow onions, diced
½ cup celery, diced
½ cup green bell pepper, diced
½ cup red bell pepper, diced
1 tablespoon minced garlic
¼ cup red pepper pesto Continue reading