Summertime Grill Cleaning Tips
So all that summertime grillin’ and chillin’ by the barbeque has left your outdoor grill a bit grimy? No worries. Our seasoned chef, catering guru and co-founder of Dream Dinners, Stephanie Allen, offers these easy steps to cleaning your barbeque before each use.
“Our family loves to cook outside, so this is important to do and keeps the grill safe between big cleanings.”
- Turn the heat on high, leave the lid closed for 5 minutes.
- Take a 12-14 inch piece of aluminum foil and make a loose ball, baseball size.
- Turn off the heat, and after the grill has cooled a bit, but while it’s still warm, rub the grate with the aluminum foil ball to clean.
- Follow with a warm watery and soapy paper towel. Wipe the walls too.
- Empty cabinet or trays at the bottom of any ash or debris.