It’s May and that means, it’s National Burger Month. We have two burger options currently on our menu, but we want to help your family celebrate with four more fun and healthy ways to turn your traditional meals into creative burger- style alternatives everyone can enjoy.
- Simple Burger Just add a bun to our Sweet Cider BBQ Chicken for a quick, and easy way to transition you meal from a traditional chicken dinner to fun family favorite in seconds. Top it off with your favorite cheese (we recommend cheddar) and serve alongside our savory sweet potato fries.
- The Next-Day BurgerCreate an Herb Crusted Flank Steak burger and utilize your leftovers. Serve slices of our tender steak on a toasted rustic roll for a burger with a distinctive flavor your family will enjoy. Enjoy this one on its own or round out your plate with any side salad. Add a little something extra by mixing up some homemade seasoned mayo—combine Italian seasoning and a bit of garlic to the mayonnaise of your choice.
- Inspirational BurgerCreate a burger with a theme, flavor palette or seasonal inspiration in mind. As summer fast approaches we recommend creating an Asian inspired burger with our Soy Glazed Salmon. Serve on a toasted brioche bun and top it off with fresh coleslaw for a light and refreshing summer meal. Seasonal Fun—Serve with fresh or grilled pineapple for a pop of color on your plate and extra flavor for your palate.
- Not-quite-a-Burger, BurgerDon’t be afraid to think outside the box when creating a dinner alternative for your family. Our last “burger” does just that. Swap out the Jasmine rice for a soft hoagie roll and you’ve created our Chipotle Shrimp “Burger.” Load up your roll with our perfectly cooked Chipotle Shrimp, top it off with the Mango Salsa and serve. Fun fact—May 5th is also National Hoagie Day!
Create wonderful memories with your family by taking risks and remixing your dinners for something new and exciting!
Share your creations and remixes with us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram (#RecipeRemix,) we love to hear your stories and see your pictures.
We know the holidays can often come with a long to-do list. We want to help simplify your life this month, so you can spend less time checking off tasks and more time creating memories with your family.
Our December menu has three family-friendly dinners that can be made in 15 minutes: Penne with Chicken and Peanut Sauce, Creamy Tortellini with Bacon, and French Onion Turkey Burgers on Pretzel Buns. Whether you’re running kids to afterschool activities or have fun plans for the holidays, these meals will ensure that you can get a delicious dinner on the table even with the most hectic schedule. For an even more hands-off approach to busy weeknight dinners, try making our Honey Chipotle Pork Roast or Old Fashioned Pot Roast in the slow cooker.
We get a number of cooking questions on how to make grilling more successful, so we wanted to provide a few quick tips:
For the perfect burger:
- Did you know? It’s best to form your patty with an indent in the middle, causing the middle to be thinner. That way, when you cook it, it stays the same thickness.
- Also, after you’ve formed your burgers, place them back in the fridge for a few minutes to cool the beef. This helps your burgers stay together so they don’t break apart on the grill!
For the perfect steak:
- Let them stand for 20-30 minutes to bring it to room temperature before you cook (this allows the middle to cook without burning the outside).
Take a look at super simple and in some cases, no cost ideas at Good Housekeeping. They have 14 slides of decorating ideas for your next 4th of July party. Slide 11 – Look at what you can do with a simple cup to hold your watermelon slices! And to add simple elegance, toss some crumbles of cool blue cheese to pair with this list of Dream Dinners holiday entrees and sides.
From our June menu items, take out the:
St. Louis Smokehouse Ribs are so easy to heat up on the barbecue and cover them in your favorite sauce. These ribs have ranked on our Top 10 list for all-time Dream Dinners customer favorites since the beginning.
Summer is around the corner which means it’s time to fire up the barbecue! Several items on the May menu are perfect for the grill!
- Sonoma Grill Steaks. Kid friendly for family dinners and has been a long time customer favorite.
- Gorgonzola Cheese Burgers. Great for the backyard grill, party or picnic by the beach. These are perfect for a cabin getaway too. And, they are now served with Parmesan Garlic Steak Fries!
Here are 3 easy ways to bring party food anywhere:
- Two 6-serving orders of Outlaw Chicken Sliders will make 24 sliders! Just bake the chicken and wrap in foil, heat the buns in foil and bring the cheese and sauce for an easy assemble and serve dinner for a crowd anywhere you go.
- The Italian Pomodoro Burgers
Father’s day is June 17th this year and the perfect Father’s day dinner is ready for you to make at Dream Dinners! Dads like to BBQ and you can have it all ready for them.
From our May menu you could serve: Gorgonzola Cheese Burgers with Sweet Potato Fries and Smoky Bacon Wrapped Turkey Medallions. From our June menu we have Italian Pomodoro Burgers and Sweet Cider BBQ Choice Cut Chicken. Pair them for larger groups.
Just add your own tossed green salad and cut up some watermelon… You’re done!
Order your Father’s Day Dream Dinners today. Just visit dreamdinners.com and find a store near you. Dinner items are available on the 2012 May and June Menus.