Sample preparation schedule for your Dream Dinners Holiday Roasted Turkey and sides.
- 3-5 days before: Thaw all of your holiday items in the refrigerator
- Approximately 3 ½ hours before: Bake your Holiday Roasted Turkey. Remove holiday sides from fridge, bring to room temp.
- 2 hours 15 minutes before: Bake your Holiday Parmesan Green Bean Casserole 40-45 min., then remove lid and bake an additional 10-15 min. until golden brown and crispy with turkey in oven. ** hold
Many Dream Dinners cook deliciously in a Crock Pot. Don’t you love the aroma of all day cooking in the house when you get home from a long day, it’s so comforting.
Here are a few tips we have learned:
- One hour on High is equal to 1 1/2 to 2 hrs of cooking time on Low.
- Always cook with the lid on and don’t lift the lid for the first 2 hrs of cooking.
- Cut your vegetables in larger pieces than you would if cooking on the stove top. They benefit from slow cooking to develop a richer flavor and will shrink. At the smallest, a 2 inch raw cut of any vegetable is best.
- Fresh herbs should only be added in the last 5 – 10 min of cooking, the flavors will dissipate if you slow cook them. It is best to use dried herbs and add them when you start the cooking. They simmer and hydrate into the dish, imparting richer flavor.
- Only add milk, cream or sour cream in the last 15 – 20 min of cooking time or it can break down and separate.
Serve it straight from the crock pot, as sandwiches or tacos. This lean beef roast becomes so tender it melts in your mouth. We’ve added our rich, smokey seasoned BBQ sauce to create this meal bursting with flavor.
In the crock pot
Don’t you just love the aroma of all day cooking in the house when you get home from a long cold day – it’s so comforting. The best way to cook your Dream Dinners Slow cooked BBQ Beef is in the crock pot and the Baby Bakers in your oven (*see note below for a new potato idea!)
Here are a few tips: