Sicilian Glazed Carrots
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and sliced 3/4-inch on the diagonal
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons julienne lemon zest
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over low heat. Add the garlic and cook until golden brown, about 1 minute. Add the red pepper flakes, and stir to combine.
- Add the carrots, water, sugar, and salt and bring to a boil. Reduce the temperature slightly and cook rapidly until the liquid has evaporated, the carrots are tender and glazed, about 10 minutes. Add the lemon zest, raisins, and nuts and toss to combine.
- For more great recipes and the best of seasonal living, visit Dr. Brent on the farm at www.beekman1802.com.
Dream Dinners http://blog.dreamdinners.com/