Cinnamon Apple Cake
Write a review
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- 3 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Dark Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 4 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ¾ Cup Canola Oil
- 1 Tsp Kosher Salt
- ½ Tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Granny Smith Apples, peeled sliced into bite sized pieces
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- ¼ Cup Nonfat Egg Substitute
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, ½ of the cinnamon, canoloa oil, salt & ginger.
- Transfer 1 ½ cups of this mixture into a small bowl & add remaining cinnamon to it. Stir until incorporated. Set aside for the topping
- Add baking soda, baking powder, apples, buttermilk & egg substitute to the flour mixture, stirring until just combined. (do not over-mix)
- Pour into prepared baking dish. (sprayed with nonstick)
- Sprinkle the reserved topping over the apple mixture.
- Bake for 1 ½ hours, until cake is set and topping is golden brown.
- Source: Dream Dinners Cookbook Pg, 228
Dream Dinners http://blog.dreamdinners.com/