Valentine’s Day isn’t just about romantic gestures for your significant other. It’s also the perfect time to show your family how much you care. Take advantage of the holiday weekend and try one of these special ideas that are sure to make their day and may even become a new Valentine’s tradition!
- Spend the afternoon crafting homemade Valentines with your kids. They’ll be so excited to share their creations with their friends, siblings and even grandparents! These ideas from Pinterest are simple and sweet, but you could also go all out with lots of glitter, heart shapes and lace doilies.
- Sneak fun Valentine-themed treats and a little love note into their lunch at school this week.
- From heart-shaped bacon to pink cinnamon rolls, a special Valentine’s breakfast is something the whole family will enjoy.
- Place a card at each family members’ spot at the dinner table and have each person write a special message in each card throughout the day. Then, when you sit down for dinner, you’ll each have a special note with messages of love from the whole family.
- Eating dinner by candlelight is an easy way to make family dinner extra special for Valentine’s Day. Pull out the pink and red decor, leave a box of chocolate on each person’s plate, light the candles and serve a delicious meal like Chicken and Shrimp Carbonara. This is a tradition you’ll come back to year after year!
Our Parmesan Pesto Salmon is not only easy to make and beautiful in its presentation but makes for a deliciously romantic dinner. Parmesan cheese and rich green basil pesto coat our light, flakey pink salmon fillets marinated in a blend of seasonings, a touch of wine, and the freshness of lemon juice. You easily whip these up in less than 30 minutes and then top them with homemade Parmesan crisps. Ready in under 30 minutes and heart healthy!
Pair with wild rice and Parmesan Green Beans (see recipe below). For dessert try
“Hottest Valentine’s Dinner at Home”
Michael Fazio, concierge to the stars and author of the book, Concierge Confidential, guest starred on The View with great ideas to celebrate Valentine’s day without breaking the bank.
He says that Dream Dinners “…is like having your own personal sous-chef… you do the creation kind of like on the Food Network and viola you have a meal!”
If you would like to try Dream Dinners and see how easy it can be to provide a delicious home cooked meal for your family, visit dreamdinners.com and find a location near you.
Create a deliciously romantic dinner with our Choice Cut Raspberry XOXO Chicken over Rice. Enjoy a little sweet from the raspberries and a little kick from the chipotles. Serve over white rice with a sprinkle of whole raspberries for a beautiful finished product.
Serve with our Strawberry Spinach Salad (recipe below) and our Finishing Touch Molten Lava Cakes or Lemon Bars for dessert. Check your local store for dessert choices.
Just add candles and loved ones for an amazing and memorable dinner.