The Family Oscar Goes To…
If your family loves on screen entertainment than this idea could spark a new tradition in your home. The Academy Awards is a big night for Hollywood stars, walking the red carpet in the latest fashion, interviews of their anticipation and predictions of who will win and of course our favorite part is guessing who we think should win.
Make it a fun for the whole family:
- Make a Dream Dinners pan meal or order some take-out, break open a bottle of sparkling cider, and spread a blanket on your family room floor to eat dinner “picnic” style.
- Download ballots from the Academy Awards website for each family member to fill out, choosing who you think will win the coveted golden statue in each category.
- Winner ideas:
- The person with the most correct gets to keep their own little Oscar and bragging rights for the year.
- Winner gets to pick the next movie for a movie night.
- The prize could be edible, maybe a hollow chocolate figure, yum!
Other Oscar night ideas: throw a party. Your guests can dress up as if they were going to be on the red carpet. Serve easy appetizers or have a potluck requesting movie inspired dishes. Local party stores are filled with great decorations and other movie themed items. Or keep it simple by having pizza and a salad with the family. Either way, Oscar night can be a fun filled night shared with family and friends.
Does your family do something special on awards night?