White Bean Salad – From Our Partner REDBOOK Magazine
White Bean Salad
Write a review
- ½ lb. asparagus, trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) white beans (cannellini), drained and rinsed
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup red onion, finely diced
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon zest, grated
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 3 cups baby arugula
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Bring 4 cups of lightly salted water to a boil in a large, deep skillet; add asparagus.
- Blanch 2 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
- Drain; refresh under cold water and place in a medium bowl.
- Add beans, tomatoes, onion, oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste; toss to combine.
- Lay arugula on top of salad
Dream Dinners http://blog.dreamdinners.com/