This week is National Random Acts of Kindness Week. Tomorrow, February 17th is Random Acts of Kindness Day.
To celebrate, we are providing you with 100 random acts of kindness you can do today! Here at Dream Dinners, we love this holiday. A little bit of kindness can go a long way. Doing something kind for a friend, family member, coworker, and stranger holds the power of making someone’s day. We encourage everyone to celebrate this holiday, while also doing random acts of kindness in everyday life.
What is National Random Act of Kindness Day?
The mission of Random Acts of Kindness Day is to connect with others through kindness. The Random Acts of Kindness Foundation created this national holiday. They are a small nonprofit that invests resources into making kindness the norm. The framework surrounding everything they do is to Inspire->, act -> Reflect-> and Share kindness. Head to the Random Acts of Kindness Foundation website for more information. Get ready to celebrate this day of love with these 100 random acts of kindness that you can do today!
100 Random Acts of Kindness You Can Do Today
1. Compliment a stranger
2. Buy a coffee for the person behind you in the drive-thru
3. Put extra money in the gas pump for the next car that arrives
4. Take on a small task to help out a coworker
5. Hold the door open for someone
6. Pay someone’s parking meter
7. Leave a kind note on someone’s car
8. Send flowers to your Mom
9. Write a loved one a letter
10. Send dinner to a family in need
Is there a new Mom in your life who can barely time find to eat? Has someone you know fallen sick? Whatever the reason, sending dinner to a family in need is a wonderful random act of kindness. Show you care by gifting your family and friends with an easy and delicious meal. Take something off their plate by having dinner ready to cook and delivered to their door.
11. Do the dishes for your household
12. Help someone put their groceries into their trunk
13. Volunteer at a soup kitchen
14. Donate clothes to Goodwill or the Salvation Army
15. Ask how someone is doing, really doing, and actively listen
16. Visit the animals at your local animal shelter
17. Let someone cut in front of you while waiting in line
18. Pay for someone’s groceries at the grocery store
19. Pick up litter in your neighborhood
20. Clean up a local park
Head to a local park and clean up any trash you see. This is a random act of kindness that is for the greater good! Cleaning up areas of your community will feel great. Make sure to recycle anything you can. The planet thanks you!
21. Shovel snow off a neighbor’s driveway
22. Check-in on a senior citizen in the neighborhood
23. Babysit, or pet sit free of charge
24. Smile at the stranger walking past you
25. Help a busy family by stocking their fridge with ready-to-cook meals
26. Donate toys to a local children’s hospital
27. Visit a nursing home nearby and spend time with the residents
28. Leave a kind note and generous tip for your server
29. Say good morning to everyone you see in the early hours of the day
30. Send a Good Night text
Something as simple as a Good Night text has the power to make someone feel loved. Let someone in your life know you are thinking of them by texting them Good Night. Who knows, you could turn a bad day around with a simple good night text.
31. Talk to someone you usually wouldn’t
32. Leave a positive review for a local business
33. Plant a tree
34. Acknowledge a coworker’s hard work
35. Tutor a friend who needs help in school
36. Take out the trash for your neighbors on trash day
37. Bring someone a small gift to school or work
38. Bake treats for the kids to come home to after school
39. Compliment someone’s post on social media
40. Reach out to a friend or family member you haven’t spoken to in awhile
You can make someone’s day just by reaching out. Think of a friend or family member you used to be close to and give them a call out of the blue. Ask how they have been and actively listen to everything they tell you. Block out an hour of your day to dedicate your undivided attention to your old pal. You both will leave the interaction filled with joy.
41. Attend a local sporting event and cheer on the teams
42. Send someone you love a care package just because
43. Make a new friend at school or work
44. Tell a new parent you know what a great job they’re doing
45. Write kind sticky notes and leave them on your coworker’s desks
46. Leave a gift in your mailbox for the mailman
47. Attend or host a meal packing event for communities in need
48. Bring a Starbucks gift card to school for your teacher
49. Offer to walk a neighbor’s dog
50. Run an errand for a friend
Life is busy. When you have some free time, see if you can take some stress off a loved one’s plate. Text a friend and ask them if they have any errands you could run for them. Offer to pick up groceries for your parents. See if a loved one has laundry piled up that you can do for them on laundry day. No matter what errand you do for a friend, this random act of kindness will be greatly appreciated.
51. Clean your sibling’s room
52. Donate blankets to a homeless shelter
53. Offer to water your neighbor’s garden for a week
54. Mow your neighbor’s lawn
55. Take a picture for someone
56. Surprise a friend with concert tickets
57. Spend quality time with your grandparents or parents
58. Bring a loved one breakfast in bed
59. Lend a friend your favorite book
60. Donate books to your local library
Do you have old books that are collecting dust on your bookshelf? Consider donating them to your local library as a random act of kindness! What is collecting dust on your bookshelf could be someone’s next favorite read. Make someone’s day by donating old books. Bonus points if you hide a kind message in the book somewhere for the next reader to find!
61. Bring your coworkers lunch
62. Craft something special for someone
63. Clean up around the office to ease the cleaning crew’s job
64. Clean up around the school to help out the janitor
65. Hide money or kind notes in random places for strangers to find
66. Give up to window seat on an airplane the next time you fly
67. Hand out reusable water bottles to everyone in your office
68. Compliment your Boss and thank them for being a great leader
69. Bake goods for your local fire station or police station
70. Donate blood
If you’re looking for random acts of kindness that can really impact a person’s life, consider donating blood. Find a local blood drive through the American Red Cross. The red cross is experiencing its worst blood shortage in over a decade. So, this act of kindness can make a huge impact on those in need.
71. Become an organ donor
72. Volunteer for a shift at a local soup kitchen
73. Donate to a local school to support youth programs
74. Talk up a coworker to your Boss
75. Leave uplifting messages on bathroom mirrors
76. Leave love notes for your family members when you leave for the day
78. Share a skill with someone for free
79. Tell a funny joke at work or school to make everyone laugh
80. Scrape the ice off the windshield of someone’s car
With chilly winter weather comes freezing winter ice! We all know the struggle of running to your car in the morning only to see that it is covered in ice. Make someone’s morning by taking care of their icy windshield before they have a chance to. This random act of kindness will set your neighbor’s day off on the right foot.
81. Build a little free library box in your yard or donate to one in your neighborhood
82. Send a Thank You email to a teacher who impacted your life
83. Donate school supplies
84. Call someone to say I love you
85. Let a friend know how much you appreciate them out of the blue
86. Forgive someone
87. Apologize to someone who you have wronged
88. Let your spouse sleep in and wake up early with the kids
89. Donate to a charity or Nonprofit Organization
90. Celebrate someone’s half birthday and give them a gift
People may expect a gift on their birthday. However, if you grab someone a gift for their half birthday, they will indeed be surprised. Figure out a loved one’s half birthday and set a reminder to celebrate it. This random act of kindness is sure to make their day.
91. Give up your seat on public transportation
92. Tell someone you love about their best qualities
93. Give someone you love a hug
94. Take a friend or family member to lunch and pay for the tab
95. Leave money in a vending machine for the next person who uses it
96. Share a recipe on social media
97. Return grocery carts that have been left aside
98. Compliment someone’s outfit
99. Tell someone they are doing a great job
100. Do something kind for yourself
While it’s important to do random acts of kindness for others, we have to remember to be kind to ourselves as well. Book yourself a massage on your next day off. Cook yourself a fancy meal to indulge in after a busy day. Run a warm bath and give yourself an hour of relaxation. Try and incorporate random acts of kindness to yourself into your day-to-day life.