Delicious spring recipes are a necessity for entertaining during the season.
Thankfully, Dream Dinners and 7Cellars recently hosted a live cooking class with tutorials for several dishes perfect for spring entertaining. Our very own Chef Laura created 3 delicious recipes perfect for serving at any spring event. These tasty recipes pair perfectly with 7Cellar’s award-winning wine. Join Chef Laura and Dan, the president of 7Cellars, as they teach you how to make 3 mouth-watering dishes in the live tutorial. Learn how to make a fresh spring salad, garlic and fresh herb-crusted rack of lamb, and grilled pound cakes with red wine berry sauce. Don’t have time to watch the cooking class tutorial? No problem! We’ve also included the complete shopping list and recipes for each delicious dish.
We’re making it as simple as possible for you to create these delicious dishes from the comfort of your home. Print this shopping list and bring it to the store to get everything you need to make Chef Laura’s delightful spring recipes. This list includes all the grocery items and kitchen tools you need to make each dish featured in the cooking class.
1. Spring Salad
Chef Laura’s Spring Salad is the perfect first course for any delightful spring day. This salad is topped with pancetta, a poached egg, and dressed with Chardonnay dijon vinaigrette. The only kitchen tools you will need for this recipe are a small bowl and a whisk!
- Fresh salad (Spring Mix or Herb Green Blend)
- 4 Poached eggs
- 1/2 cup cooked pancetta
- 2 Tbsp. 7Cellars Farm Collection Chardonnay
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Pickled Shallots
Spring Salad Cooking Instructions
- Whisk chardonnay, Dijon mustard, honey, red wine vinegar, and salt * pepper in a small bowl.
- Slowly drizzle in olive oil, whisking constantly.
- Whisk until dressing is thoroughly mixed and light in color.
- Add salad greens to a large bowl or to individual salad plates.
- Top salad(s) with cooked pancetta and pickled shallots.
- Drizzle evenly with dressing and finish by topping with a poached egg.
2. Garlic and Fresh Herb Crusted Rack of Lamb
Indulge in Chef Laura’s recipe for Garlic and Fresh Herb Crusted Rack of Lamb for the main course. This dish is so delicious that you’ll want to serve it every time you find yourself entertaining this spring. For the main course, you’ll need to gather some kitchen tools before cooking. Make sure you have a blender/food processor, a roasting pan, and a carving knife ready to be used before you start whipping it in the kitchen!
- 1 rack of lamb (Frenched)
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 2 Tbsp. fresh rosemary
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
Rack of Lamb Cooking Instructions
- In a blender or food processor, combine garlic cloves, fresh herbs, and olive oil. Blend until garlic is finely chopped.
- Generously season the rack of lamb with salt and pepper.
- Rub garlic-herb mixture over the rack and allow to sit for at least an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place rack of lamb in roasting pan and cook in the upper third of the oven for 15 minutes.
- Flip the rack and roast for another 10 minutes.
- Remove rack from oven, place on a cutting board with foil, and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Cut in between the rib bones and transfer to a platter or plates to serve.
3. Grilled Pound Cakes with Red Wine Berry Sauce
Make sure to leave room for dessert because you won’t be able to get enough of these grilled pound cakes! For the third course of your satisfying spring dinner, Chef Laura has provided the recipe for this tasty and unique dessert. You will need a medium saucepot, spatula, small bowl, Microplane zester, and a grill brush for this dessert. Get your kitchen tools (and your tastebuds) ready for these perfect pound cakes!
- Premade pound cake, slices 1-2 inches thick
- 1/4 cup light olive oil
- Zest of 1 orange
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1/2 cup 7Cellars Farm Collection Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 12 oz. Fresh or frozen berries
- Whipped cream
Pound Cake Cooking Instructions
- Combine red wine, zest from 1/2 orange, and sugar in a medium saucepot to prepare the sauce.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and stir.
- Reduce to a simmer. Add half of the berries.
- Simmer for 30 mins and mash berries to desired consistency.
- Remove sauce from heat and allow to come to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill over medium heat.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, honey, and zest from the other half of the orange. Stir to combine.
- Brush oil mixture on one side of pounds cake slices. Place slices oil side down on the grill.
- Grill for 2-3 mins or until grill marks appear and the cake is slightly toasted.
- Brush the other side of the pound cakes with oil mixture and flip. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- To serve, place grilled pound cake on a plate, top with red wine sauce and whipped cream.
Dream Dinners and 7Cellars
We hope you enjoy these delicious spring recipes created by Chef Laura and sponsored by 7Cellars. Be sure to place an order with 7Cellars, so you have all the award-winning wine you need to make these delectable dishes! Use discount code DREAMDINNERS for 40% off your purchase for a limited time. For nights you don’t feel like cooking from scratch, Dream Dinners has you covered. Our April and May menu is filled with quick & easy dinners perfect for spring. We’ve even got wine pairings for all of our dinners! Place your order today for easy cooking all season long. Dream Dinners has a live cooking class with Chef Laura every month. Follow us on Facebook, so you don’t miss the next live cooking class featuring Chef Laura.
Which dish would you like Chef Laura to teach you next? Let us know in the comments!