Grilling great recipes is a skill. Luckily, Dream Dinners Chef Laura is here to help us master the art of grilling.
Chef Laura has been hosting live cooking classes where she teaches you how to make some of her favorite chef-curated recipes from your own home! Don’t fret if you could not attend the most recent cooking class, which covered grilling basics and two delicious grill recipes! We will be sharing our chef’s tasty grill recipes here on the blog. Interested in more recipes straight from our very own Chef? Check out Chef Laura’s recipes for after-school snacks. Alright, fire up the grill for these 4 Delicious Grill Recipes from The Dream Dinners Chef.
1. Perfectly Grilled Pork Chops
- Small bowl
- Metal cooking tongs
- Meat thermometer
- 4 bone-in pork chops
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated onion
- Mix brown sugar, salt, pepper, paprika, granulated garlic, onion, and a small bowl.
- Drizzled pork chops with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and rubbed into both sides.
- Evenly coat each chop with the spice mixture let’s rest in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours.
- Preheat the grill to 350 to 400°
- Grill pork chops for 69 minutes per side, depending on the thickness.
- Pork should reach an internal temperature of 145°
- Remove from grill and let rest covered for five minutes.
2. Chef Laura’s Mixed Grilled Veggies
- Pairing knife
- Cutting board
- Large bowl
- Grill basket
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 white onion
- 1 bundle of asparagus
- olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp granulated garlic
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- Prep vegetables by cutting to slightly larger than bite-size pieces.
- Please cut vegetables in a large bowl add 1/4 cup olive oil juice of one lemon, 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, dried basil, and spices.
- Mix to combine and let rest for 2 to 3 hours in the refrigerator.
- Add grill basket to heated grill. Add marinated veggies and cook for 15 to 17 minutes, stirring periodically.
3. Shredded Potato & Apple Patties
- Potato peeler
- Cheese grater
- Large mixing bowl
- Cast-iron skillet
- 1 bag frozen hashbrowns
- 1 sweet apple
- 1/2 white onion
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Peel and shred apple, adding to large mixing bowl.
- Shredded onion into the same bowl, add thawed hashbrowns, and mix.
- Pat mixture with a paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- Add eggs, flour, and remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix until well combined.
- Place a cast-iron skillet over medium grill heat and allow it to come to temperature for about 2 to 3 minutes. Add about 1/4 inch of oil (any neutral oil, like EVOO) to the skillet.
- Drop 1/4 cup of potato and apple mixture into hot oil and flatten down with a spatula.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until brown and crispy.
- Drain over paper towel.
4. Grilled Peaches with Frozen Yogurt
- Pairing knife
- Cutting board
- Basting brush
- Ice cream scoop
- 2 ripe peaches
- 1-pint vanilla frozen yogurt
- Fresh basil
- Cut pieces in half, removing the pit.
- Brush the cut side of peaches with olive oil.
- Place on a heated grill cut side down for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Remove from Grille and add a scoop of vanilla frozen yogurt to the Center.
- Top with granola and fresh basil.
We hope you love Chef Laura’s Grill Recipes as much as we do! If you decide to make these yourself, snap a picture and tag us, or let us know what you think in the comments. Keep your eyes out for Dream Dinners next live cooking class featuring Chef Laura. There will be more coming soon!