Air Fryer Cooking Instructions
Thaw in the refrigerator.
- Preheat air fryer to 375°F and light spray basket with oil.
- Add the desired amount of cayenne pepper to the dredging mixture (Hot – 1 tsp, Medium – 1/2 tsp, Mild – no cayenne.) Remove chicken breasts from buttermilk, add to bag with dredging mixture, seal bag, and shake vigorously to coat chicken breasts evenly. Shake excess flour off the chicken.
- Add chicken breasts to air fryer and spray top with oil spray. Cook for 10 minutes, flip and spray the other side with oil, then continue cooking for an additional 5 minutes. The chicken should be golden brown (internal temp. 165°F).
- While the chicken cooks, place the maple glaze mixture in a large mixing bowl and add the desired amount of cayenne from the portion cup (Hot – remaining cayenne, Medium – 1/2 tsp, Mild – no cayenne) and stir to combine, then set aside.
- Using tongs, immediately place cooked chicken in the glaze and toss to coat, remove from the glaze and let excess glaze drip off before plating chicken. Sprinkle with salt if desired.