Serve it straight from the crock pot, as sandwiches or tacos. This lean beef roast becomes so tender it melts in your mouth. We’ve added our rich, smokey seasoned BBQ sauce to create this meal bursting with flavor.
In the crock pot
Don’t you just love the aroma of all day cooking in the house when you get home from a long cold day – it’s so comforting. The best way to cook your Dream Dinners Slow cooked BBQ Beef is in the crock pot and the Baby Bakers in your oven (*see note below for a new potato idea!)
Here are a few tips:
- First, in the crock pot, remember that one hour on High is equal to 1 1/2 to 2 hrs. of cooking time on Low.
- Always cook with the lid on and don’t lift the lid for the first 2 hours of cooking.
- When cooking frozen meats for dinner, add 1 cup of room temp or warm liquid to thaw food evenly before it begins to cook. I like using stock, beer, red or white wine depending on what the dinner is.
- Always fill the crock 1/2 to 3/4 full.
- Allow your crock pot to cool to room temperature before cleaning the crock or the lid. Water on a hot surface can cause it to break.
- You will know when the meat is done if it pulls apart with 2 forks. We like it shredded, but you can slice it too.
- Crock Pot Temperatures: You should check your crock pot during cooking to verify the cooking temperatures. Low setting should cook foods in 4 hours to 160 – 180 degrees. High should cook the food to 160 – 200 in 3 hours. Not all crock pots cook at those even temperatures and knowing your crock pot temp will help you adjust your cooking times and settings.
AlternativeCooking Suggestion for Baby Bakers
Roast the Baby Bakers in your 400 degree oven, on a baking sheet for 30 min. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and with the flat side of a measuring cup, press the potatoes to flatten to between 3/4 to 1/2 an inch. Drizzle the smashed bakers with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt. Place back in the oven for 20 – 25 min, until crisp! Yum!
Alternative Serving Suggestions
Left overs make a wonderful sandwich. Try slicing the meat and put on a Ciabatta roll with a creamy horseradish sauce. Or shred it to create carne asada tacos and add an easy Pico de Gallo salsa wrapped inside a flour tortilla.
Order Slow Cooked BBQ Beef for your family atdreamdinners.comtoday!
i am diabetic do you have anything for me
Look for the Heart Healthy icon on our menus to easily find dinners with lower calories, sodium and fat. Also, because you assemble the meals yourself, you can skip adding any additional salt from some recipes making the sodium levels even lower, many stores have a sugar substitute when necessary and whole grain options for rice, spaghetti and fettuccine.
To find which meals that might be right for you, download the nutritionals for our menus here: http://dreamdinners.com/main.php?static=ms_menusandsessions before ordering.
Thanks for your inquiry!
I need dinners low in sodium need to keep daily totals around 2000 do you have anything like tjhst
Yes Barbara, we have many meals that are lower in sodium. Look for the Heart Healthy icon on our menus to easily find dinners with lower calories, sodium and fat. Also, because you assemble the meals yourself, you can skip adding any additional salt from some recipes making the sodium levels even lower.
To find which meals might be right for you, download the nutritionals for our menus here: http://dreamdinners.com/main.php?static=ms_menusandsessions
Thanks for your inquiry!
Hello. I have talked it over w/my husband, Jeff and we are thinking about ordering some meals from you. I love the crock-pot beef meal and will look at the Feb menu for choices. With me going back to work and having a busy schedule it’s nice to have meals there that don’t need a lot of time. I loved the meals from before and can’t wait to try some more.
Comments are closed.