During the first week of school, mornings can get a little hectic as kids (and parents) figure out the new routine. With the perfect outfit to pick out, lunches to be packed, and paperwork to be signed, it can be hard to make sure kids head off to school with a filling breakfast that will last them until lunchtime.
Here are some ideas for some quick but healthy breakfasts to start every morning off right:
– Our Breakfast Eggs with Potato Crust recipe can be made the night before and put in the oven for 30 minutes while the kids are getting ready.
– For a breakfast that is easy to eat on the go, top a container of Greek yogurt with jam, honey and chopped almonds or fresh fruit and granola.
– Make quick breakfast quesadillas by sprinkling shredded cheese on a whole wheat tortilla, layering thin apple slices, and topping with a second tortilla. Microwave or cook in a skillet until the cheese is melted.
– For an easy, portable Huevos Rancheros breakfast, slice a hard boiled egg and roll it in a whole wheat tortilla with a piece of Canadian bacon or lean ham and a slice of cheese. Add a tablespoon of salsa and a few slices of avocado for extra flavor.
– If you have leftover New Orleans Jambalaya, you can whip up a quick breakfast burrito by adding scrambled eggs and wrapping in a tortilla.