Dream Dinners is turning 21!
As part of our celebration, we’re sharing a classic recipe from our collection and a wine pairing to accompany it in honor of our 21st birthday. These meals might not be coming back on our menu, but you can still enjoy them at home with your family!
Take the stress out of meal prep with our prep-prepped family meal kits. View our March menu and place your order today to enjoy top-rated dinners like Bacon Jam Burgers, Mini Chicken Pot Pies, and Smoky Salmon and Penne Pasta.
Citrus Marinated Fish Tacos
Tender white cod fillets are marinated in a light, colorful citrus sauce, then grilled and served in tortillas with pico de gallo and zesty sour cream. This meal pairs well with a citrusy white wine like Sauvignon Blanc or white sangria.
- 6 cod filets
- 6 flour tortillas
- MARINADE MIXTURE -
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- PICO DE GALLO MIXTURE -
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes in juice
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- SOUR CREAM SAUCE -
- 1/2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1/2 cup nonfat mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt (optional)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Combine the marinade mixture (lemon zest, garlic, parsley, olive oil, and lime juice) in a large zip-top bag or baking dish, and add the cod filets to the marinade. Place the marinating cod in the fridge for an hour.
- While the fish is marinating, preheat the grill or broiler and prep your ingredients for the Pico de Gallo mixture and sour cream sauce.
- Combine all ingredients for the Pico de Gallo mixture (diced tomatoes, diced red onion, chopped cilantro and garlic, and lime juice) in a small bowl.
- In a different small bowl, mix the sour cream, mayonnaise, cumin, paprika, salt, black pepper, and lemon juice to make your sour cream sauce.
- When the cod is done marinating and the grill or broiler is preheated, remove the cod from the marinade and set the marinade aside. Grill or broil the cod filets for 5-7 minutes per side, brushing occasionally with the excess marinade (the internal temperature of the cod filets should be 145* F).
- Place one cod filet in each tortilla and top with Pico de Gallo and sour cream sauce.
- Serve with Dream Dinners Key Lime Corn and a citrusy white wine, like Sauvignon Blanc or white sangria. Enjoy!
*Due to the different product brands you may find at your local grocery store and their varied nutritionals, we are unable to provide nutritional information for this recipe.