We’re wrapping up our birthday month with one more retired recipe and wine pairing!
As part of our celebration, we’ve been sharing classic recipes from our collection with wine pairings in honor of our 21st birthday. These meals might not be coming back on our menu, but you can still enjoy them at home with your family!
Take the stress out of meal prep with our prep-prepped family meal kits. View our menu and place your order today to enjoy top-rated meals that your family will love.
- 6-8 bamboo skewers
- 24 scallops (approx. 4 per serving)
- Zest of one lime
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 Tbsp ginger puree
- 1/2 cup fresh diced green onion
- 2 Tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 Tbsp chopped jalapeno
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper*
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes*
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Combine all ingredients* in a large Ziploc bag to create marinade. Add scallops to the bag and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill or broiler. Soak bamboo skewers in water for approximately 20 minutes while the grill/broiler preheats (this prevents the skewers from burning).
- Remove scallops from the marinade. If there is a small strip on the side of each scallop, remove it before making the entree - this is a muscle that can be extremely tough when cooked.
- Thread 3-4 scallops onto each skewer and grill or broil for 2 minutes per side (internal temp of 115* F, as the internal temperature of the scallops will continue to rise an extra 10-15* once removed from heat, bringing them to the desired 125* F internal temperature). Note: Overcooking will cause the scallops to be tough.
- Serve with Dream Dinners key lime corn and a bright Chardonnay. Enjoy!
*Omit cayenne and red pepper or increase them to 1/4 or 1/2 tsp depending on heat preferences
*Due to the different product brands you may find at your local grocery store and their varied nutritionals, we are unable to provide nutritional information for this recipe.