In honor of National Rice Month, we’re sharing this authentic Cajun Dirty Rice recipe, which comes from a cook in New Orleans. This would be the perfect dish to serve alongside our Carne Asada Steak Tacos.
- ½ cups uncooked long grain white rice
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- ½ pound sausages, cooked and crumbled
- ½ cup yellow onions, diced
- ½ cup celery, diced
- ½ cup green bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup red pepper pesto
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Cook the rice according to the package directions and cool in the refrigerator.
- Place the remaining ingredients in a 1-gallon resealable freezer bag and mix in the cooled rice.
- Toss the bag to coat the rice.
- Place the contents in a sprayed baking dish and cover tightly.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 1 hour or until the liquid is fully absorbed and the rice is hot and fluffy.