Dream Dinners makes it easy for you to host and cater fantastic parties, for any occasion. Use this guide for step-by-step instructions on how to self-cater your next party with Dream Dinners.
Checklist for Planning your Party:
- Determine how many people you will be serving
- Choose the date and place of your event
- Choose your menu.
- For ideas and menu choices, visit dreamdinners.com.
Party Planning Time line:
- 4 – 6 weeks prior to your party – Visit dreamdinners.com and make a reservation to assemble your party menu selections at a Dream Dinners location near you.
- 2 weeks prior – Purchase paper goods and beverages (see quantity tips below)
- Less than 1 week prior – Purchase groceries for salads, butter for breads and fresh cut flowers.
Paper Product calculations are assessed on a per person basis.
Example: 25 guests, 50 dinner plates.
- 2 dinner plates per person
- 1 dessert plate per person
- 3 forks per person
- 1 knife per person
- 3 beverage napkins per person
- 2 dinner napkins per person
- 3 beverage cups per person
- 1 hot cup per person
Beverage calculations need to be assessed by evaluating who is attending your event, but as a standard rule, this can help.
For 25 guests:
- 4 liters white wine
- 6 liters red wine
- 1 full case beer (24)
- 4 liters of champagne
- 22 liter bottles of soda
Thanksgiving Family Favorite Dinner – 50 guests
- Cheesy Mashed Potatoes – 5 orders
- Savory Stuffing – 8 orders
- Sweet Potatoes – 5 orders
- Green Bean Casserole – 5 orders
- Home-style Biscuits, Turkey Gravy, Cranberry Relish – 5 orders
- Holiday Roasted Turkey – 2 orders
- Tossed Green Salad – double recipe
- Orzo Salad – single recipe
Your approximate cost $16.75 per person, compared to $53.75 per person with a professional caterer.
Follow this Sample Time line for an Easy Party
- 4 days before: Thaw all Dream Dinners items
- 1 day before: Make Orzo Salad, refrigerate
- 1 day before: Make Tossed Green Salad, refrigerate, dressing on the side
- 5 hrs before: Bake Turkey hold*
- 2 hrs before: Bake Biscuits hold*
- 1½ hrs before: Bake Mashed Potatoes
- 1 15 min before: Bake Stuffing
- 1 hr before: Bake Sweet Potatoes
- 45 min before Bake Green Bean Casserole
- 30 min before: Heat Turkey Gravy
- 10 min before: Place Cranberry Relish in serving dish
- * To hold, use a large cooler to keep cooked dinners hot for up to 2 hours and at a minimum temp. 140 degrees. Keep cold foods at a maximum temp. of 40 degrees.
With a little help from Dream Dinners and a few family members or close friends you can host a fantastic holiday party!