Did you know that we hosted the very first Dream Dinners session 19 years ago today?
In March 2002, co-founders Tina Kuna and Stephanie Allen held the first meal prep sessions at their new Dream Dinners store. Check out the picture with this post to see them with the first session calendar – we’ve come a long way since then! One thing that hasn’t changed in the past 19 years is our passion for helping families gather around the table together.
As part of our anniversary celebration, we’re sharing five retired recipes from our collection. These meals might not be coming back on our menu, but you can still enjoy them at home with your family! Visit our blog each week in March for our retired recipe posts.
Click here to check out our fabulous March menu. We’ve included some of our favorite classics, like Penne with Chicken and Peanut Sauce, plus new meals like Tortellini Primavera and Southwest Shrimp and Grits!
Hearty Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
This delicious creamy soup is loaded with chicken, a wild rice blend, and lots of veggies. A perfect easy home-cooked dinner to warm you up on a chilly night.
- 1 lb of sliced or diced chicken breast
- 1 cup wild rice blend
- 2 tsp. granulated garlic
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp. chicken base
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. roasted garlic base
- ¼ cup dried onion flakes
- In a large pot on the stovetop over medium heat, add 2 Tbsp. of olive oil. Add the chicken, wild rice blend, granulated garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, white onion, celery, carrots, and mushrooms to the pot.
- Stir until the chicken starts to cook, approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and whisk to combine. Add 3 cups of water, whisk again, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes until rice is tender.
Optional: Add 1/2 cup water or chicken stock or until desired consistency.
Do you need some help tracking down items in this recipe? Here are examples of some of the less common ingredients in this meal:
*Due to the different product brands you may find at your local grocery store and their varied nutritionals, we are unable to provide nutritional information for this recipe.