Last week, Dream Dinners hosted our very first cooking class with Chef Laura!
If you were unable to attend, do not fret- we are providing you with the delicious recipes for the after-school snacks Chef Laura taught during her cooking class. Be sure to sign up for Dream Dinners next FREE cooking class with Chef Laura on Wednesday, September 22nd at 7 PM CDT, so you don’t miss learning some of Chef Laura’s amazing grill recipes live. Click here to RSVP for the next cooking class!
Ombre Yogurt Dipped Strawberries
- 4 small bowls
- Whisk or spoon
- Medium-sized baking sheet
- Cutting board
- Pairing/utility knife
- Table knife
- Wash and pat dry strawberries
- Separate yogurt into 4 different bowls, setting one bowl aside untouched.
- Add 2 drops of desired color food dye to one bowl, mix to incorporate color.
- To the next bowl, add 3 drops of food dye and stir.
- To the last bowl, add 4 drops of the food dye and mix.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Begin dipping strawberries in yogurt. Try to dip an equal amount of strawberries into each colored yogurt.
- Place dipped strawberries on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Immediately place the baking sheet with dipped strawberries in the freezer.
- Chill in the freezer until the yogurt has set, about 1 hour.
- Serve and enjoy! Leftover dipped strawberries can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Turkey Cucumber Snack Wrap
- 1 large tortilla
- Slice of deli turkey
- Slice of cheese (Chef’s choice)
- Small cucumber
- 2 tbsp. Hummus
- 22 oz. Vanilla greek yogurt
- Food dye- one color (optional)
- Parchment paper
- Place the tortilla on the cutting board and use a knife to cut from the middle of the tortillas to the edge.
- Using the same knife, cut the cucumber into slices.
- Imagine the tortilla being divided into 4 quadrants. In the bottom right quadrant, spread hummus.
- Above the hummus, add sliced cucumbers in the upper right quadrant.
- In the upper left quadrant, add the sliced turkey.
- In the quadrant below the turkey, add sliced cheese.
- To fold the wrap, start at the bottom left corner with hummus, fold it up over the top left slice cucumber quadrant, then fold it over to the top right (turkey), then folding it down to the bottom right (cheese).
- By the end, you will have a triangle-shaped wrap with layers of flavor ready to serve!