Summer is here, which means it’s officially grilling season!
I included nine delicious, grill-ready recipes on this month’s menu so that you and your family could take dinnertime outside this summer. Fire up the grill and soak up summertime while enjoying some of my personal grill-ready favorites like our brand-new dish, the Summer Mexican Chicken Power Bowl. Whatever meal you decide to enjoy, I want to make sure you and your family have the best grilling experience. I created this list of grill-out tips to ensure you have a Chef-Laura-Level grill out!
Grill Out Tips:
- Be sure to scrape down your grill with a metal brush. This removes excess carbon and prevents food from sticking to the grill. It is easiest to clean grill grates when the grill is hot.
- Let meats come to temperature 30 minutes before grilling. This provides even cooking throughout the cut of meat.
- Learn your grill! Every grill is different and can have different heat zones, so know where food will cook faster.
- Touch your food as little as possible. Allow the grill to do the work! You get those beautiful grill marks when you just let the food be. If food is stuck, let it cook more. The food will get a nice char and “unstick” itself.
- Don’t press down food! I know it’s tempting, but when you are pressing down your burgers and steaks, you squeeze out all the flavors and fats!
- Let your meat rest for 5-10 minutes, covered in foil, when it comes off the grill. This allows all the juices in the meat to settle and reabsorb, ensuring tender and flavorful meat.
Happy grilling! Don’t forget to place your June order, so you have plenty of easy, delicious options to throw on the grill.
– Chef Laura