Savor the last days of summer with this retired Dream Dinners recipe!
Enjoy tender shrimp marinated in a bold BBQ with sweet heat, layered on top of a bed of rice. This recipe is retired, so it won’t be back on our menu but don’t fret – we’re sharing it with you so you can enjoy it any time you want! We are sure it will become a staple in your menu planning.
– Chef Laura
- 24 oz of uncooked thawed shrimp
- 1 ½ cups of white rice
- 2 pieces unsalted butter
- 10 slices of lemon
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp. Frank’s RedHot Sauce
- ¼ cup chili sauce
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. oregano
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- In a saucepot, add rice and 2 ¼ cups of water. Bring to a boil, stir once, and cover. Reduce heat and cook for 20-25 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, heat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray 9x13 inch baking pan with non-stick spray. Add shrimp.
- In a medium bowl, create the sauce by combining all remaining ingredients, stir thoroughly. Pour over shrimp.
- Place lemon slices over the top of the shrimp. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes, or until shrimp are pink and cooked through (internal temperature of 145 degrees).
- Serve over rice and enjoy!
*Due to the different product brands you may find at your local grocery store and their varied nutritionals, we are unable to provide nutritional information for this recipe.