I’m excited to share a retired Dream Dinners recipe that your family will love!
This flavorful meal combines a tender pork roast, Granny Smith apples, diced onions, and a savory broth for a perfect cold-weather dish. Enjoy this delicious recipe any time you want – we are sure it will become a staple in your winter menu planning.
– Chef Laura
Yield: 6 servings
Normandy Pork Roast with Apples
- 2-3 lb. Pork Roast
- 3 cups Sliced Granny Smith Apples (peeled and cored)
- 1 Tbsp. Thyme
- 1 tsp. Kosher Salt
- ½ tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Sugar
- 1 cup Fresh Diced Onion
- 1 Tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¼ cup Apple Juice Concentrate
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- ½ cup Water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all ingredients except the pork and apples in a medium mixing bowl, and whisk to combine.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Lay apple slices across the bottom of the dish and place the pork roast on top, in the center of the pan. Pour the sauce over the pork roast, allowing the sauce to soak down into the apples.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until the pork's internal temperature reaches 145°F.
- Let the roast rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, mash the cooked apple mixture with the back of a fork until a chunky applesauce consistency is created.
- Serve the sliced pork with the applesauce poured over the top. Enjoy!
*Due to the different product brands you may find at your local grocery store and their varied nutritionals, we are unable to provide nutritional information for this recipe.