This retired Dream Dinners recipe is an “oldie but a goody” that your family will love!
Absolutely amazing flavors make this sandwich a summer grilling must-have! Moist chicken breasts are seasoned and served with a slice of sweet, grilled pineapple and our sweet and spicy wasabi mayo! Fire up the BBQ and make this tasty dish in just 15 minutes.
– Chef Laura
- 6 Chicken Breasts
- 6 Burger Buns
- 1 tsp Chives
- 1 tsp Granulated Garlic
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 2 Tbsp. Lite Soy Sauce
- 4 Tbsp. Pineapple Juice
- 2 Tbsp. Honey
- 6 Pineapple Rings
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Lite Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Wasabi Powder (Spicy!)
- 1 tsp Sugar
1. Combine the chives, granulated garlic, onion powder, soy sauce, pineapple juice, and honey as a marinade in a large baking dish or ziptop bag. Add chicken breasts and let marinate for 1-8 hours.
2. Heat a large skillet or grill over medium-high heat. With tongs, remove the chicken from the marinade and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side (internal temperature of 165°).
3. Meanwhile, season the pineapple rings with 1/4 tsp of black pepper, then use the olive oil to grill or sear the pineapple rings in a skillet for 1-2 minutes per side or until the pineapple begins to caramelize. Grill or toast the burger buns.
4. In a small bowl, combine the lite mayonnaise, wasabi powder, and sugar for the wasabi spread.
5. Serve with pineapple over the cooked chicken on a toasted bun; top with wasabi spread if you like a little heat!
*Due to the different product brands you may find at your local grocery store and their varied nutritionals, we are unable to provide nutritional information for this recipe.