This retired Dream Dinners recipe is an “oldie but a goody” that your family will love!
Absolutely amazing flavors make this sandwich a summer grilling must-have! Moist chicken breasts are seasoned and served with a slice of sweet, grilled pineapple and our sweet and spicy wasabi mayo! Fire up the BBQ and make this tasty dish in just 15 minutes.
– Chef Laura
Pineapple Chicken Burger with Wasabi Mayo
- 6 Chicken Breasts
- 6 Burger Buns
- 1 tsp Chives
- 1 tsp Granulated Garlic
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 2 Tbsp. Lite Soy Sauce
- 4 Tbsp. Pineapple Juice
- 2 Tbsp. Honey
- 6 Pineapple Rings
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Lite Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Wasabi Powder (Spicy!)
- 1 tsp Sugar
1. Combine the chives, granulated garlic, onion powder, soy sauce, pineapple juice, and honey as a marinade in a large baking dish or ziptop bag. Add chicken breasts and let marinate for 1-8 hours.
2. Heat a large skillet or grill over medium-high heat. With tongs, remove the chicken from the marinade and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side (internal temperature of 165°).
3. Meanwhile, season the pineapple rings with 1/4 tsp of black pepper, then use the olive oil to grill or sear the pineapple rings in a skillet for 1-2 minutes per side or until the pineapple begins to caramelize. Grill or toast the burger buns.
4. In a small bowl, combine the lite mayonnaise, wasabi powder, and sugar for the wasabi spread.
5. Serve with pineapple over the cooked chicken on a toasted bun; top with wasabi spread if you like a little heat!
*Due to the different product brands you may find at your local grocery store and their varied nutritionals, we are unable to provide nutritional information for this recipe.
Can you cook this on the grill and if you can what modifications to the recipe would be needed?
Yes, this meal is perfect for the grill! The instructions provided will work for both the grill and the broiler. Enjoy!
Comments are closed.