- 3 cups wild rice
- 6 cups brown rice
- 4 large Braeburn Apples cut in 1 inch chunks
- 2 large red bell peppers
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 2 cups pecan pieces
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- ¾ cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 cup olive oil
- 5 tsp Kosher Salt
- 3 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbl lemon zest
- 3 Tbl lemon juice
- Bring wild rice to boil with 3 cups water, cover and simmer 45 min.
- Bring brown rice and 12 cups water to boil, cover and simmer 30 min.
- Chill uncovered in refrigerator 1 hour.
- While rice is cooking and chilling, chop apples and vegetables.
- Whisk last 6 ingredients, set a side.
- Toss rice with fruit, vegetables and pecans.
- Toss with 1/2 of the whisked dressing.
- Just before serving drizzle with remaining dressing.
*Due to the different product brands you may find at your local grocery store and their varied nutritionals, we are unable to provide nutritional information for this recipe.