Our build your own pizza kits are always a big hit. But did you know that you could make a deep dish pizza or calzones using our Family Pizza Night dinner? Here are instructions for two more ways to get creative at dinnertime and have family fun in the kitchen doing it together!
- A 6-Serving makes 2 Pizzas (2 dough rounds each).
- A 3-Serving makes 1 Pizza (2 dough rounds).
- Thaw in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- Place thawed dough on floured cutting board
- Merge 2 dough rounds together and roll dough to cover with flour, let rest 10-15 minutes.
- Flatten dough and roll with rolling pin or large soda bottle to form about an 8x8 inch square.
- Place dough in an 8x8 sprayed, Stoneware baking dish*, gently line the inside of the dish with your pizza dough.
- Spread bottom and sides with pizza sauce.
- Add toppings and cheese. (You will only need ½ of the toppings you assembled.)
- Bake for approx. 15-20 min., until golden brown.
We recommend using Stoneware for even cooking throughout the pizza. However, you could use a glass or metal dish to bake it in as well.
Try a Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza
Assemble your sauce and toppings backwards! Start with the cheese; add your toppings, maybe more cheese and then the pizza sauce on the top. (All other directions above are the same)