Chicken Tikka Masala is the perfect Instant Pot dish! Pressure cooking only enhances all the complex flavors of the meal.
For firm chicken that can be diced, follow instructions as-is. For shredded chicken, cook for 15 minutes on HIGH and slow-release the pressure.
Instant Pot Cooking Instructions
Thaw in the refrigerator.
- In a saucepan, add rice and 1 1/8 cup water. Bring to boil, stir once, cover, and cook on low heat for 20-25 minutes. Fluff with a fork. (You can also make rice in the Instant Pot before cooking the chicken).
2. Meanwhile, set Instant Pot to SAUTE. Add spiced onion mixture and sauté until the onions become translucent and fragrant. About 4 minutes.
3. Add coconut tomato sauce to spiced onion mixture and stir to combine. Add chicken breasts and yogurt marinade to the pressure cooker, emptying the contents of the bag.
4. Seal the cooker and make sure the pressure valve is closed. Set to HIGH pressure for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, do a quick release of the pressure; the chicken should have an internal temp of 165°F.
5. Remove cooked chicken breasts and dice into bite-sized pieces if desired. Place back in the sauce and toss to coat.
6. To serve, spoon cooked rice onto a plate and ladle a generous portion of chicken and sauce over the top.
For more information on getting started with an Instant Pot, check out these helpful how to videos.