An Instant Pot makes our French Dip sandwiches a breeze and beyond juicy!
Because the roast beef is already cooked, we will be using the steam function of the Instant Pot. This is essentially reheating the meat and sealing in all the flavors from the au jus.
Instant Pot Cooking Instructions
Thaw in the refrigerator.
- Add au jus mixture to Instant Pot with an additional ¼ cup of water. Layer in roast beef slices, make sure to pull slices apart from one another. Place lid on and put the venting knob in the sealing position. Press the Steam button. Set the timer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat broiler to low. Split open buns and toast under broiler 30-60 seconds with the cut side up. Toast until edges are golden.
- Slice Swiss cheese in half and place evenly on the bottom cut side of bread. Place back under the broiler 1-3 minutes until cheese is melted.
- When the Instant Pot cooking time is complete, quick-release pressure and allow contents to cool slightly (1 minute).
- To assemble sandwiches, massage horseradish mayonnaise bag to blend, cut the corner of the bag off, and squeeze a line down the top side of the buns. Using tongs, evenly distribute loosely piled sliced roast beef on each sandwich and close.
- Evenly distribute au jus into three small bowls. Serve on the side of each sandwich for dipping.