As if this risotto couldn’t get easier, here comes the Instant Pot to prove a point! This is the easiest and most tender risotto you will ever have, so buckle in.
Instant Pot Cooking Instructions
Thaw in the refrigerator.
- Set Instant Pot to SAUTE. Add 1 Tbsp of oil to the bottom of the pressure cooker.
- Add chicken and rice mixture and allow it to brown about 2-3 minutes.
- Add 2 cups on water and the sauce (from the bag without peas) to the Instant Pot with the chicken and rice. Stir, then seal and lock the lid.
- Pressure cook on HIGH for 7 minutes. Leave on natural release for 5 minutes and then manually release any remaining pressure. Open the lid and stir the risotto.
- Add the remaining pea mixture to risotto and place lid back over the pot. Allow residual heat to warm peas and melt butter. Give the risotto a stir, top with almonds, and serve immediately.