Instant Pot Cooking Instructions
Thaw in the refrigerator.
- Set Instant Pot to SAUTE. Add 1 Tbsp of oil to the bottom of the pressure cooker. Remove pork tenderloin from marinade (discard marinade) and add to the heated pot. Sear all sides of the tenderloin, about 2 minutes per side.
- Add pineapple and pepper blend to the Instant Pot, plus ½ cup of water. Lock the lid in place and making sure the pressure valve is sealed.
- Program to cook for 2 minutes under HIGH pressure. It should take 8 to 10 minutes to come up to pressure. After the cooking time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 5 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, add the rice and 1 1/8 cup water. Bring to boil, stir once, cover, and cook on low heat for 20-25 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Remove pork tenderloin from the pressure cooker and check the internal temperature. (Look for an internal temperature of 145°F. Cooking times may vary due to the tenderloin’s size.) To serve, slice pork into 1/4 inch slices, plate over rice, and spoon sauce with pineapple and peppers over the top.
** Tenderloin can be safely served lightly pink in the center.