This meal was made for the pressure cooker!
This pork tenderloin gets all its flavor from slow cooking in this fabulous BBQ sauce. By preparing this meal with an Instant Pot, you can save yourself an hour and have juicy and tender results.
Instant Pot Cooking Instructions
Thaw in the refrigerator.
- Set Instant Pot to SAUTE. Season pork tenderloin with salt and pepper. Add 1 Tbsp of oil to the bottom of the pressure cooker.
- Use tongs to place tenderloins in the pot, turning over every 1-2 minutes until browned on all sides.
- Remove seared tenderloins from Instant Pot. Add 1/2 cup of water to pressure cooker and brush pork tenderloin with Carolina BBQ sauce. Pour half of BBQ sauce over pork once in Instant Pot. Lock on the lid and making sure the pressure valve is set to seal.
- Program to cook for 1 minute under HIGH pressure. It should take 8 to 10 minutes to come up to pressure. After the cook time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 5 minutes. Quick-release any remaining pressure.
- Remove pork tenderloin from the pressure cooker and check internal temp. (Internal temp. of 145°F. Cooking times may vary due to the size of the tenderloin.) Let rest 5-10 min. and shred or slice tenderloin.
- Serve with remaining Carolina BBQ sauce.
** Tenderloin can be safely served lightly pink in the center.