We’ve got another delicious recipe to share with you from the Dream Dinners vault!
Enjoy a savory, sweet, and spicy combination of flavors with our Jalapeno Peach Pork Roast with Sweet Potatoes. Do you want to savor more meals with your family, without the stress and mess of cooking from scratch at home? Check out our current menu of pre-prepped freezer meals at www.dreamdinners.com!
Jalapeno Peach Pork Roast with Sweet Potatoes
Inspired by the southern tradition of combining fruit with peppers to create a complimentary taste. Peaches provide the perfect sweetness to the heat of jalapeños. Barbeque sauce and seasonings complete a spicy glaze on top. Bake in a pan with sweet potatoes and peaches for a healthy, light dinner.
- 1 pork roast
- 3 cups diced sweet potatoes (approx. 1 inch cubed)
- 1 cup sliced peaches
- 1/2 cup peach puree
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 Tbsp natural hickory smoke
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup apple juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup sliced jalapeno peppers
- Preheat the oven to 350* F.
- Place pork roast on a sprayed baking pan and cut a 1/2 inch deep X into the top of the roast. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spray a separate 8x8 baking dish with oil, add diced sweet potatoes and sliced peaches, then cover in foil. Place the baking pan with the pork roast and the 8x8 dish with the potatoes and peaches into the oven on the same shelf. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put all remaining ingredients (peach puree through jalapeno peppers) in a small saucepan and stir to combine. Heat on low for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When the 45-minute timer goes off for the pork roast and sweet potatoes, carefully remove them from the oven. Drizzle 1/4 cup of the sauce over the sweet potatoes and cover again with foil. Pour the remaining sauce over the pork roast, then return the potatoes and pork roast to the oven and bake for an additional 30-40 minutes (internal temperature of the pork roast should be 145* F).
- Let the pork roast rest for 5-10 minutes, then cut it into 1/4-inch slices. Serve with the sweet potato and peach blend and a tossed green salad. Enjoy!
*Due to the different product brands you may find at your local grocery store and their varied nutritionals, we are unable to provide nutritional information for this recipe.