Skip to content
5 Tbsp olive oil
1 ½ onions, chopped
3 Cups uncooked long-grain rice
5 Cups chicken broth
½ Cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 ½ Tbsp lemon zest
½ Tsp kosher salt
¾ Tsp black pepper
- Heat Olive Oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onions and saute until tender and fragrant. (about 5 minutes)
- Add rice and saute 2 minutes more.
- Raise heat to high and add chicken broth, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook about 20 minutes, until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat, let stand for 5 minutes, fluff with fork and serve.