Share Some Love, May 9th, with a Military Spouse you Know
When their loved ones are deployed or they are moving to a new place, military spouses can feel isolated, lonely and homesick. Why not widen your circle of friends and reach out?
Fun ideas to make their day:
- Invite, invite, invite… draw them into your social circle and introduce them to your friends. Invite them to play dates, parties, outings, Mothers of Preschooler groups, church, the gym… whatever you do, welcome them!
- Offer a ride. They may have only one family car and can’t get out a lot.
- Call and text to offer encouragement and friendship.
- Bring them a meal! If they are ‘single-parenting’ while their spouse is deployed, they will really appreciate a homemade meal. Dream Dinner’s makes it easy – fill an insulated tote with a frozen dinner along with some sides and sweets from our Finishing Touch Freezer.
- Offer babysitting. They might not have developed a list of safe child care yet, but, need a break or date night.
- Throw them a party! Baby showers and birthdays make great opportunities to do something for them that an old friend might have done back home.
Don’t let yourself get overwhelmed by the masses. Reaching out to just one person makes a difference! You don’t have to change the world, but, you could certainly change their world.