Tomorrow is National Cheeseburger Day! To celebrate, we are sharing 5 mouth-watering burger recipes that will make your taste buds dance for National Burger Day.
September 18th, 2021, is a day for burger-lovers to bask in the juicy glory of perfectly grilled, perfectly stacked, and perfectly delicious burgers. Here are 5 of our favorite burger recipes to enjoy for National Cheeseburger Day or any day you find yourself craving a tasty burger.
1. Pineapple Chicken Burger with Wasabi Mayo
Absolutely amazing flavors make this sandwich an end-of-summer grilling must-have! Moist chicken breasts are seasoned and served with a slice of sweet, grilled pineapple and our sweet and spicy wasabi mayo! Fire up the BBQ and make this tasty dish in just 15 minutes.
- 6 Chicken Breasts
- 6 Burger Buns
- 1 tsp Chives
- 1 tsp Granulated Garlic
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 2 Tbsp. Lite Soy Sauce
- 4 Tbsp. Pineapple Juice
- 2 Tbsp. Honey
- 6 Pineapple Rings
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Lite Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Wasabi Powder (Spicy!)
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Combine the chives, granulated garlic, onion powder, soy sauce, pineapple juice, and honey as a marinade in a large baking dish or ziptop bag. Add chicken breasts and let marinate for 1-8 hours.
- Heat a large skillet or grill over medium-high heat. With tongs, remove the chicken from the marinade and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side (internal temperature of 165°).
- Meanwhile, season the pineapple rings with 1/4 tsp of black pepper, then use the olive oil to grill or sear the pineapple rings in a skillet for 1-2 minutes per side or until the pineapple begins to caramelize. Grill or toast the burger buns.
- In a small bowl, combine the lite mayonnaise, wasabi powder, and sugar for the wasabi spread.
- Serve with pineapple over the cooked chicken on a toasted bun; top with wasabi spread if you like a little heat!
2. Southwest Turkey Burgers
These lean turkey burgers are a perfect combination of flavors, bursting with the smokiness of ancho chilis and a little taco seasoning spice. They are topped with a mild ancho mayonnaise and served on artisan rolls.
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1 Tbsp dried onion flakes
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning mix
- 3 tsp. ancho chili powder (divided)
- ½ cup lite mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. chopped garlic
- 1 ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 burger buns
- Preheat the broiler or heat a large sauté pan on the stovetop on medium-high heat.
- Add tortilla chips, dried onion flakes, taco seasoning, and 1 tsp. Of ancho chili powder to the ground turkey and mix well to combine. Form 6 patties.
- Broil or pan fry 7-9 minutes per side (Internal temperature of 165°F).
- Meanwhile, mix the mayonnaise, 2 tsp. Ancho chili powder and chopped garlic to create an ancho mayonnaise. Set aside.
- Open buns and toast under broiler for 1-2 minutes until golden. Place ¼ cup shredded cheese on the bottom bun (the burger’s heat will melt the cheese).
- Serve patties on toasted buns with 1 tablespoon of ancho mayonnaise.
3. Mushroom Swiss Bistro Burger
Order this one from our September Menu; you won’t regret it. This is the perfect burger to celebrate National Cheeseburger Day. A Juicy beef patty is topped with sautéed mushrooms and onions, melted Swiss cheese, and finished with a thyme aioli.
- 3 Ground beef patties
- 3 Slices Swiss Cheese
- Montreal Seasoning
- Mushroom Mixture
- Dried onion flakes
- Thyme Aoli
- Thaw in the refrigerator.
- 1. Preheat grill or broiler to med-high heat.
- 2. In a mixing bowl, combine ground beef with burger seasoning. Portion into 3 equal patties. Indent the middle of each patty so that they cook evenly. Set aside in the refrigerator for 5 min. to rest.
- Heat small sauté pan on med-high heat and add mushroom mixture and cook for 6-8 min. Remove from heat.
- 4. Grill patties for 5-6 min. On each side, in the final minute of cooking, evenly divide the mushroom mixture on top of the burgers and top each burger with 1 slice of Swiss cheese. Grill or broil for 1 min. or until the cheese has completely melted. Remove from heat.
- 5. Toast buns under broiler or grill for 1-2 min. or until golden brown.
- 6. To assemble burgers: place the patty on a brioche bun and spread the top bun with herbed aioli. Enjoy!
We hope you have the best #nationalcheeseburgerday! Tag us in your burger pics @dreamdinners; we will be posting ALL of the juicy burger content tomorrow. What’s your all-time favorite burger? Let us know in the comments!