There’s no better way to warm up on a chilly winter day than with a steaming bowl of soup. In honor of National Soup Month, we’re sharing this recipe for Kielbasa Bean Soup, which is a hearty meal in itself. It’s perfect for throwing together while the kids are outside playing or putting in the slow cooker so it’s ready when everyone gets home from school and work.
- 2 cups potatoes, ½-inch diced and par boiled*
- 2 10.5-ounce cans bean with bacon soup
- 2 15-ounce cans diced tomatoes
- ¾ pound kielbasa sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, soup, tomatoes, kielbasa, onion, carrots, celery, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Transfer to a crockpot or large pot.
- Slow-cook in the crockpot, set on low heat, for 5 to 6 hours, until thick. Alternatively, simmer over low heat on the stovetop for 2 hours or until thick.
- Make sure to serve this with some crunchy bread!
*To par boil potatoes: Scrub and wash unpeeled potatoes. Dice potatoes into ½-inch pieces. In a large pot, bring water to a rolling boil. Add diced potatoes and cook for 2 minutes. Remove potatoes from water. Rinse potatoes in cold water. Drain and use as directed in recipe.