Fall festivities and Halloween decorations are just around the corner, and we have a frightful feast that’s perfect for this holiday!
Whether you are trick-or-treating, participating in a trunk-or-treat, or having a small celebration at home, we have fun ideas for a themed family dinner that everyone will enjoy. Check out our recipe remix for the Turkey and Harvest Vegetable Hand, plus our kid-friendly snacks that are perfect for young ghouls and goblins!
Jack-O’-Lantern Hand Pies
Recipe Remix for Turkey and Harvest Vegetable Hand Pies. Don't have our hand pies. Pick up a frozen pie crust and pie filling to make dessert pies using these instructions instead.
- Dream Dinners Turkey and Harvest Vegetable Hand Pies
- 3-inch diameter circular cookie cutter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- Thaw in the refrigerator. REMOVE PIE SHELL AND KEEP IN FREEZER. DO NOT THAW.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. While the oven is preheating, remove the pie shells from the freezer and lay them out to thaw for 8-10 minutes.
- In a medium sauté pan, heat 1 Tbsp. of olive oil over med-high heat. Add ground turkey and break into bite-size crumbles with a spatula. Cook for 5-7 minutes, then drain any excess liquid.
- Add the root vegetable mix to ground turkey and cook until heated through (approximately 5-7 minutes), breaking up large vegetables into bite-size pieces if necessary.
- Reduce heat to low, add gravy, and mix well. Allow the sauce to simmer for 5 minutes until it has thickened. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, place the thawed pie shell rounds on a floured surface. Using a cookie cutter, cut out smaller circles of dough from each pie shell. Cut out as many smaller circles as you can.
- With half the smaller pie rounds and a small paring knife, cut out jack-o’-lantern faces. Be fun and creative with these looks!
- Brush the outer edges of mini pie rounds with egg mixture. Evenly distribute turkey mixture in the center of ½ of the total pie rounds. Top the turkey filled pie rounds with jack-o’-lantern pie round and seal edges by crimping with a fork. Complete with remaining pies.
- Brush the top of each mini pie with the egg mixture for a nice shine.
- Lay jack-o’-lanterns on the foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes on the top rack of the oven. Allow pies to cool 5 minutes before serving.
This luscious dessert combines tart green apples sautéed in a rich caramel sauce, topped with flakey puff pastry, and baked to perfection. *Due to the different product brands you may find at your local grocery store and their varied nutritionals, we are unable to provide nutritional information for this recipe.
Caramel Apple Pizza
This luscious dessert combines tart green apples sautéed in a rich caramel sauce, topped with flakey puff pastry, and baked to perfection.
*Due to the different product brands you may find at your local grocery store and their varied nutritionals, we are unable to provide nutritional information for this recipe.
Create a complete holiday feast with these creepy snacks and side dishes:
- Spooky Spiderweb Deviled Eggs from Duke’s Mayo
- Tangerine Pumpkins and Banana Ghosts from Weelicious
- Mummy Wrapped Hot Dogs from Pillsbury
- Pretzel and Cheese Broomsticks from One Little Project
Did you knock it out of the park with your Halloween meal? We’d love to see pics from your family’s feast! Comment on this post or send us a direct message on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.