This recipe comes from our cookbook and makes a great appetizer!
Pesto & Red Pepper Torte
- 2 Cups Butter
- 2 Cups Nonfat Cream Cheese
- ¼ Cup Store bought Basil Lemon Pesto
- ¼ Cup Store bought Red Pepper OR Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Sauce
- 2 TBSP Chopped Fresh Parsley
- ¼ Cup Toasted Pine Nuts
- Line one 4-Cup bowl with Cheesecloth, leaving 4 inches hanging over the edge of the bowl.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter & cream cheese with an electric mixer.
- Spoon ½ Cup of the mixture into each bowl (from step1).
- Level & smooth the mixture with rubber spatula.
- Spread 2 TBSP of basil pesto evenly over each mixture.
- Spoon ½ cup of cream cheese mixture over the basil pesto and smooth with spatula.
- Spread 2 TBSP of red pesto over cream cheese mixture.
- Repeat with remaining cream cheese & pestos, alternating green & red pestos, ending with the cream cheese mixture.
- Depending on the size of the bowl, there will be 2 to 4 layers.
- Bring the edges of the cheesecloth over the top layer & wrap tightly wih foil.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Peel away cheesecloth & invert contents onto serving platter.
- Garnish with parsley and/or pine nuts.
*Due to the different product brands you may find at your local grocery store and their varied nutritionals, we are unable to provide nutritional information for this recipe.