With back to learning and kids spending more time at home this September, we want to remix some of our favorite September recipes to make great at-home lunches.
Nashville “Hot as You Like It” Chicken Sandwich
This meal makes an awesome lunch remix! The chicken can be cooked and glazed beforehand, lasting 2 days in the fridge.
- Dream Dinners Nashville “Hot as You Like It” Chicken, with chicken already cooked and tossed in maple glaze
- Hamburger buns
- Pickle slices (9 total)
- 3 Tbsp Mayo
- Reheat cooked chicken in microwave for 1-2 min or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, spread 1 Tbsp of Mayo on the top bun and place 3 pickle slices on over mayo.
- Once the chicken is heated through, place chicken on bottom bun and sandwich with the top bun. Repeat for all sandwiches.
*Due to the different product brands you may find at your local grocery store and their varied nutritionals, we are unable to provide nutritional information for this recipe.
Our beef tostadas reimagined to make the perfect kid-friendly lunch that they will love to help create.
- Dream Dinners Mini Beef Tostada Cup, with ground beef and seasoning already fully cooked
- Favorite taco toppings
- Optional: Enchilada sauce
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place flour tortillas on a baking sheet and bake for 4-5 min or until the tortillas are slightly crisp.
- Once tortillas are crisped, assemble the Mexican Pizzas by spreading refried beans on one tortilla. Add cooked beef on top of refried beans and sprinkle with 1 Tbsp of shredded cheese.
- Place another crispy tortilla on top of beans and beef tortilla, creating a sandwich. Transfer pizza to a baking sheet and top tortilla with remaining cheese (and enchilada sauce if on hand).
- Bake in the oven for another 4-5 min or until the cheese is completely melted and beans and beef are heated through.
- To serve, top with lime crema and any other favorite taco toppings.