Our Mini Chicken Pot Pies are our most popular dinner, and we are excited to see them return to the menu in July!
In celebration of summer, we want to share a fun new way to enjoy this meal, which is in a Dutch oven or cast-iron skillet over a campfire. This recipe remix is perfect for enjoying in the backyard over a fire pit or taking on the road for a fun camping trip!
Mini Chicken Pot Pies Over the Campfire
Directions the same for both the medium & large dinner
Thaw in the refrigerator.
DO NOT THAW PUFF PASTRY
- Preheat grill or start campfire with iron grate.
- Separate frozen puff pastry squares and allow to thaw.
- Meanwhile, place a cast-iron skillet or Dutch oven on grates to heat. Add 2 Tbsp. of olive oil.
- Add chicken and veggie bag, and cook 2-3 min.
- Add seasoned Alfredo mixture to chicken and stir to blend, turn heat to low, cover and simmer 5-8 min. until heated through.
- Start layering pastry squares concentrically on top of the chicken and sauce, covering the majority of the mixture. Close lid of grill or cover top with foil if on an open fire.
- Turn down the heat of grill or move skillet to indirect heat if over a fire. Cook for 15-20 min or until puff pastry has cooked through and is golden brown.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 5 min. Serve immediately.
We hope you enjoy this fun twist on a family favorite. If you try this recipe remix around the fire, be sure to tag us on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter, so we can check it out!